Electrical troubleshooting should be considered a top priority if you don’t feel like your electrical system is ready for the holidays. This time of year should be all about good spirits and even better food, but it will be a little hard to relax when you’re constantly deal with electrical problems. If you’re hosting guests over the house this year, it can be difficult entertaining them when lights are flickering and outlets won’t be able to power essential appliances. Many homeowners get caught up in all the seasonal cheer that they wind up forgetting their electrical needs, and the consequences may be costly. Allowing any lingering problems within your electrical system continue may see you have to pay more on electrical bills, which can put a strain on your finances when you’re already trying to shop for family and friends. The winter season is already a time of higher costs on electrical bills anyway due to the addition of holiday lighting and heavier reliance on indoor lighting. Lingering problems will only add to the cost and may see you lose a significant amount of money by the time the holidays are over. There is also a higher safety risk if your electrical system lacks maintenance. Due to faulty electricity, your home may be one of the 47,000 homes that experience a fire each winter according to the Red Cross. You shouldn’t have to spend the holiday season with risks like this, so it’s better to take action and ensure your holiday remains issue-free.
Why Should You Call Raynor Electric?
Fortunately, you can take comfort in knowing Raynor Electric is here to help every step of the way this holiday season. We don’t want see your holiday interrupted by electrical problems either, so we’ll stop at nothing to ensure they are repaired immediately. Making things even better is that our electrical repair is durable and long-lasting so you won’t have to worry about making another service call for a long time to come. No matter your electrical needs this season, you can count on our team of licensed electricians to provide high-quality service. With our electrical troubleshooting, you will experience greater cost-efficiency throughout the season, including keeping your system running in top condition. You will be able to gears your savings toward buying your family the gifts they always wanted and not dread so much when the next electrical bill arrives in the mail. Plus, we’ll provide you with greater insight into your electrical system so you’ll know how to conduct troubleshooting on your own. Above all else, a call to Raynor Electric this season is the best way to guarantee a more relaxing for you, your family, and any house guest.
How Can You Prepare for the Holidays?
Sure, maybe you’re not a licensed professional but even then, you shouldn’t let that stop you from taking action and improving your home’s electrical system. Please take note of these 5 electrical troubleshooting tips so you can ensure this holiday season remains peaceful:
- Inspect Holiday Lighting: your holiday lighting may entrain the onlookers, but you need to be careful. This risk of a fire due faulty holiday lighting is more common than you may think. Do not use any lighting that have frayed or any other type of damage to the power cord, as it can lead to a higher risk of a fire or electrocution. You should also consider upgrading to LED lights for safer, more efficient performance.
- Replace Two-Prong Outlets: Two-prong outlets are outdated and will be unable to meet your modern electrical demands. However, some homes are still equipped with them, maybe even yours. You should consult with an electrician in replacing them, ideally with three-prong electrical outlets instead. Three-prong outlets will work more efficiently and cover a much wider range of electrical troubleshooting needs.
- Adding Outlets: You should also consult with your electrician about adding outlets in the event you do not have enough to cover the scope of your appliances. The last thing you want to do is overload a power strip with appliances as it can easily lead to a fire. Adding more outlets will allow to use less power strips and extension cords.
- Consider Whole Home Surge Protection: A whole home surge protection will allow power to stay on even when a storm or other problem threatens to create a major surge. A power surge will damage outlets and appliances, making you spend money on replacement. However, proper protection will ensure you are able to use your appliances for the holidays and beyond.
- Call Raynor for Maintenance: It’s a wise move to call Raynor for a home inspection right before that big holiday party. Our team can inspect outlets, wiring, appliances, and more to ensure your home is safe and ready to go. If we do stumble upon any issues, we can ensure durable, high-quality repairs that will put a stop to problems before they worsen.
Keep Your Holidays Worry-Free This Year by Contacting Raynor Electric for Electrical Troubleshooting!
Contact Raynor Electric today if you want to ensure a happier holiday season by having one of our professionals provide high-quality electrical troubleshooting!